Monday, August 25, 2008

KNOWING WHEN TO SAY NO

I'm back!

I have been mourning the death of my uncle Bob. Although he will never be forgotten, I know that time will soothe the pain. His death proved to me that loved ones are the most important.

Which is why this weekend (although I was tired) I made the effort to hang out with my sister and niece and nephew at a BBQ where there were lots of young toddlers.

At the BBQ, the birthday boy was very persistent and he wanted everything to go his way (even if he had to use physical force). His guardians were trying to chastise him, however it did not work.

This brings me to the question of when is it okay to say no to your children?

Is it okay for a parent to spoil a child?

Personally, I feel like a child should be spoiled. Unfortunately, there can be a positive and negative result of a child being spoiled. On one hand, it may cause the kid to do well and behave properly knowing that there will be a "reward." On the other hand, the kid may turn into a person who NEVER likes no for an answer.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment