Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beauty



Cover Girl Ain't Got Nothing on Her





Move over Cover Girl, there's a new Sexy Sister in town. This curvaceous beauty is going to turn heads and make many drool with her hourglass figure. Her name is Buxom Lash Mascara, and I discovered her while shopping at Sephora on 5th Avenue between 48th and 49th street.




Buxom Lash Mascara is the Sexy Sister of Bare Minerals. Buxom is very appealing and does everything as promised. It’s a nice, light mascara that holds the style of your lashes up to 12 hours. I absolutely love the hourglass shape of the wand. When I applied it, I immediately noticed that each single lash was coated and gave more volume than Cover Girl’s LashBlast Mascara. I could feel the bristles of the wand combing through each lash to create a very full, sexy look. Buxom Lash Mascara is a must have although it’s a bit pricey. It’s $18. But trust me, it’s worth every penny.


Also, while I was in Sephora, I decided to see if I could find any other must-haves. I know that Spring is here (although it doesn’t feel like it outside) so I decided to see what’s hot. One of Sephora’s color consultant and beauty insider, Joy, provided me with some beauty tips for ladies and men that will make you stand out from the rest of the "Plain Jane’s" and "Average Joe’s" in the crowd. I can relate to each tip that she provided.




Beauty Tips for the Ladies:


1. Change your skincare regimen.
The winter requires heavy moisturizers and creams. For Spring, change to a new cleanser and lighter moisturizer. Use a moisturizer with sunscreen. Last month, I changed my cleanser and moisturizer to Ambi. I’m so amazed by the results. My face is so smooth and clear. I have a healthy glow that makes me feel and look refreshed all day. After washing my face in the morning and evening, I always use moisturizer. In the past, I would never do this and it would cause my skin to look dull and break out.




2. No heavy makeup. Skip the foundation.
I usually don’t wear foundation. I don’t like the way it rubs off on my clothes. Also, it makes me feel like I can’t breathe. Is it something I’m doing wrong? I was so overwhelmed by all of the beauty products in Sephora that I forgot to ask Joy. Maybe one of you ladies can tell me your secret to wearing foundation. Do you have a favorite brand?


3. Never wear a bold eye with a bold lip.
I prefer to wear a bold eye shadow because I don’t really enjoy having deep colors on my lips. To me, dark reds and burgundies make me look old if not applied properly. Since I don’t have a personal makeup artist to follow me around all day like a celebrity, I stay away. I will use pinks and bright colors for the season to make my eyes pop. Pink eye shadows make my medium brown eyes sparkle. Do you have any favorite colors/brands that stand out from the crowd?




Beauty Tips for the Men:


1. Use moisturizer with sunscreen.
According to Joy, many males think that moisturizing is just for females. She recommends that males take care of their facial skin as well. She says that moisturizer with sunscreen actually can protect a mans face if he cuts himself while shaving. The moisturizer will act as a protector from the sun. Nothing is sexier than a man who takes care of himself. Am I right ladies?




2. Use a lip balm.
While in Sephora, I was able to snag a Fresh Sugar Lip Balm with SPF 15. This is a universal lip balm that can be used by males and females. It smells and taste so delicious. It glides on smooth. Unfortunately, it’s a bit pricey so many of you may want to stick to your boring, old, drugstore ChapStick. I do suggest that you splurge a little because what woman wants to kiss someone with dry, flaky lips? Ewww, such a turn off!


3. Change from a heavy cologne to light, fresh cologne.
Joy recommends, Sean John I am King or Calvin Klein Eternity Summer. I sampled the CK and it smells very nice and cool. However, the smell of a cologne changes with each persons individual body chemistry. So what smells good on one man, may smell not so good on another.




I hope that Joy and my tips will help you feel and look fabulous this Spring. If there are any tips that you have or products that you swear by let me know. I love trying new things.
You can leave a comment below or you can email me @ ebonyclark05@gmail.com with suggestions.

8 comments:

  1. I WANT THIS!!!
    I looooovvve me som Kim Kardashian Eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinna. Gurlllll I'm telling you this Mascara is Fabulous. I'm usually not the beauty guru, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Trust me. I'm surprise that it doesn't cost more because it's a great product...BTW, fashionista like you deserve the best so go for it. You will not regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it really really better than lash blast? me and vanessa swear by lash blast! ima check it out
    -andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god Drea! Its the best I used to swear by Lash Blast as well. I now swear by Buxom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was very helpful. I like that foundation is out even though I have plenty of it at home. I barely use foundation, and I like to have my skin feel natural so it doesn't feel too cakey. When you went to sephora, did they charge you anything for a consultation or was it free of charge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks girl. Im going to have to make lunch sephora run. Ive actually been thinking about trying ambi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous-

    They do give free consultations. Depending on the location you have to make an appointment. The one on 72nd street and Broadway ask for appt. Also, I'm so happy that foundation is out too. Especially since I have different skin tones. Sometimes if i would lift my hand to my face it would be a different color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niesha-

    Surprisingly, I love Ambi. I'm very selective and hesistant about trying new things but this works really well.

    ReplyDelete